Over half the working population in the U.S. is disengaged. Here’s why…
According to Gallup’s latest report, over half (66%) of the working population in the US is disengaged and unmotivated and 4 out of 10 employees are ‘struggling’.
This is a shocking and disappointing statistic.
So what is causing this massive lack of motivation and engagement in employees?
One of the biggest influences is leadership…
***Gallup found that managers account for 70% of the variance in team engagement.***
Most leaders become leaders because they perform their job really well and, as a result, get promoted up to being the leader of others doing the same work.
But this common practice has one big problem…
The skills it takes to DO the job are not the same skills it takes to LEAD OTHERS doing the same job.
The transition from individual contributor to leader often creates a confidence and skill gap that results in significant stress and frustration for both the leaders and their employees…and can continue on for years into the leader’s career.
This is why, in Phase 03 of the Coach Approach to Leadership, we deep dive into UNDERSTANDING HUMAN BEHAVIOR and develop the MINDSET and SKILLSET to be a great COACH. Leaders learn:
● The difference between coaching vs. mentoring
● How values & beliefs drive human behavior & tie directly to employee engagement
● What it means when a coach leader has a growth vs. fixed mindset & how it influences your ability to coach effectively
● The art of active listening & coaching with curiosity
● The power of questioning, coaching the ‘who’ & a framework to use in day-to-day coaching conversations
● How to coach ‘up’ for success as well as coach ‘through’ conflict & performance barriers
If you want to develop yourself or your team as COACH LEADERS, so you can reach your goals faster, our 2022 Leadership Bootcamp could be a perfect fit!