Every company is VALUES-DRIVEN. The real question is, “Do you know what values are driving your organization?”
Most companies work to develop strong values that anchor their people and processes. They post them on the wall of the office and integrate them into all of their branding to further promote the values.
But simply HAVING values posted on a wall or on your website doesn’t mean the people/teams/business units within your company are ACTUALLY OPERATING based on those values.
So, how do you know if your company is a VALUES-DRIVEN company?
You MEASURE it with a cultural values assessment. This is to determine if the values you SAY you operate by are ACTUALLY being lived out on a day-to-day basis at all levels within the organization.
In the meantime, here are additional considerations to know if you’re operating according to stated values:
- Do your leaders make difficult decisions in favor of the stated values? Even if it may negatively affect the bottom line?
- Are the stated values used during the hiring process to determine who is a good fit?
- Do people at every level of the company know and act according to the stated values?
- How often are those values reviewed and discussed among teams?
- How do you know when people in your organization are operating by those stated values? And when they’re not?
- What checks and balances are in place to ensure people at every level of the company are in fact operating by your stated values?
- Do your customers/clients know your values, and would they say you operate according to them?
Not yet sure whether your team and company are operating according to state values (or if you know now that they’re NOT)? Schedule a call to learn more about our cultural values assessment.