What is your leadership vision? What are your goals and dreams? If you know the answer to these questions, or even have a faint idea, CONGRATULATIONS! You are on your way.
Now, the next step is HOW to get there…
Many people have a vision that is inspiring. But if you don’t know how to work toward it, it will always be on the horizon and never become a reality.
What’s the key to making your vision a reality? #HABITS.
Here are some habits that I’ve created for myself and that I encourage the #leaders we work with to also practice…
- SELF-AWARENESS—The habit of holding up the mirror consistently and being willing to grow and make changes
- INNOVATION—The habit of not being complacent…but exploring, learning, trying new things, taking risks
- ELIMINATING TOLERATIONS—The habit of paying attention to what’s not working and what’s draining yours and your team’s energy
- OWNERSHIP—The habit of not allowing yourself to be driven by others’ expectations or demands, and staying 100% accountability for your choices
- CURIOSITY—The habit of silencing assumptions and premature judgments, staying open and asking lots of questions
- COLLABORATION—The habit of offering and asking for help, and letting go of ego for the sake of the greater good
What these habits look like in practice will vary from person to person.
It’s also important to base your specific habits on your VALUES, because that will give you the motivation and follow-through needed to stick with it.
What habits do you have that help you achieve your vision?